Desk operator (Extra’s and Overdub)

This week will recorded the Harp , piano and a Electric-guitar, these were instrument that weren’t planned in the being especially the harp but did add flavour to the mix . it was my first time  I saw  a harp, I thought it was more of an orchestral instrument.Even though was a desk operator I really determined to be among the crew to setup the harp just to see what it looked like. its seemed like a very delicate instrument, light for its size and has a natural great sound. The harp was setup and tuned. we used a AKG 414 for the recording and used a DI box which was connected to the DI rack, which we connected a jack to harp which I didn’t expect. the challenge we faced was that the instrument produced a low signal, which we thought it the battery but I guess it wasn’t but we figured it out at the end.

The piano was played by Sean, we sorted out he’s headphone mix then lastly we recorded the strings which sounded great. the guitar was also recorded, it gave the entires a nice tang felling and change the song a bit but still was my  best part on song , the Electric – guitar was play through the amp and we used a Shure SM57 microphone also used a room microphone to pick up the reverberation of the room.